"Stephen Foster & Howler" is a Boogie-Woogie & Blues act, playing concerts, festivals, and large venues. The combination of Blues, Rock, Americana & Boogie-Woogie music gives them the flexibility to play Blues, Country, Rock, Americana & Roots festivals and concerts. This is a heavy act with pounding beats from Psychedelic Blues to Delta & Boogie-Woogie, featuring power piano and at times, dual slide guitars.
Singer-songwriter, keyboardist, guitarist Stephen Foster is a 45-year veteran of the music business, inking his first recording contract in 1969 as a stablemate to Percy Sledge. As the house guitarist at Quinvy Studio in Muscle Shoals, AL, his session credits are legendary, working with a multitude of great artists who recorded there in the 70s. Signed to 20th Century Fox and later Janus Records, he walked away from the restrictions of big label deals and started Whitehorse Records in 1979. He owned recording studios for 20 years, and was an integral part in the Indie move to bust the majors, but began concentrating on his own recordings in 2000. A series of Indie hits followed, continuing to present day.
Members of Howler include slide guitar wizard/blues harp player Jay Jernigan, the closest thing to Duane Allman you can get; Bassist J.R. Byrd played with Jerry Lee Lewis for 10 years touring Europe and the United States; and John Tombryll on drums, a Muscle Shoals staple for years with multiple studio and live credits, and the drummer for the Fiddleworms.
Signed to Cathead Records, the group releases a new single to international radio every 45 days.
Booking: "email@example.com" ; Gravity Artist Agency: 614-324-3280 firstname.lastname@example.org
On Stage with: North Mississippi Allstars/Drive-By Truckers/Jimmy Hall/Ricky Nelson/The Wailers/Bonnie Bramlett/Cowboy/The Cars/5th Dimension
•Stephen Foster & Howler Discography•
• 6 Albums out in last 10 years
• Gold single "Mighty Field of Vision Anthem" over 600,000 downloads
• Top-40 AMA Charted Album "Howl At The Blues" 10 Months On Charts
• 9 Charted singles: "Wearin' A Hole In The Blues", "Mad As Hell" "Cathead Blues" "Truckin' Man", "Tied Up In The Blues","Mama's Goin' Dancin'" "50 Feet From A Mango Tree", "Little Things" ""Can't Take Me Home"
• 4 Singles charted same week APD Global Indicator Charts
• 3 albums charted same week APD Global Indicator Charts
• 2011 CMA Nominated "Song Of The Year" for "She's Gone"
• 2011 CMA Nominated "Album Of The Year" for "Howl At The Moon"
• 2007 AMA Nominated "Emerging Artist of The Year" for "Howl At The Blues"
• 2007 Muscle Shoals Music Awards Nominated "Blues Album of The Year"
•10,000 + radio stations playing Stephen Foster & Howler music as of12/05/15,
"Tied Up In The Blues" Charting for 28 months on NIM Charts Top-20 as of 05/05/16
"Mama's Goin' Dancin'" charting in Europe 9/01/16